By Yashika Doshi
Picture Credits: Google Images
- Staying out of Mumbai for a week, and then coming back to the Marines, with a piping hot cup of filter coffee to the 2am streets of the city, staring at the waves.
- A dog running around the road and I subconsciously end up holding your hand. You know I’m scared and you grip it tighter in return, making me feel safe.
- Sitting on my best friend’s bed, after a long day, just ranting about everything, good and bad.
- Teaching my Nani how to Skype and seeing her face glow when she uses it for the first time to call me.
- Being able to write something after a very long time. To feel that outburst from within in the form of words, black on white.
- Helping Dad when he wants to cook chole for mom on the day she’s not well.
- Lying face-down on my bed after a long and tiring week, just calming music and darkness.
- Walking through the aisles of a beautiful bookstore, smelling my favourites and reading random poems from them.
- Being able to love.
For more under Musings, click here.