Looking for a nutritious companion to go with your bread? Try this! Ladle and Love brings you the best healthy recipe for a delicious Beetroot Spread that is ideal no matter the weather and time.
- 1 Medium Sized Beetroot
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 120 ml neutral oil
- Spread two layers of silver foil onto your baking tray.
- Make two slits in the beetroot about halfway through it.
- Add the beetroot, garlic, salt and pepper to the foil and make a bowl out of the foil.
- Add the oil, seal the top with the foil and put it into your oven at 160 C for one hour.
- Add all the contents of the foil to your blender and blitz till smooth.
- Adjust the seasoning if required.
- Your spread is ready, you can bottle it and store it for a week.
This healthy recipe can also double as a suitable dip for some of your snacks, and can, all in all, make any mundane munchie into a delicious one.