By Taher Shehabi
The clouds are bursting and it’s time for you to get your monsoon food ready. The rainy season always brings in a mixture of emotions and situations for everyone and each has got a dish associated with it.
So here’s a list of those handpicked emotions that you experience and the yummy food dishes to enjoy them with.
1. The one with the “sitting alone and staring out of the window”
- Masala Chai
- Kanda Pakode
- Aloo Bhujiya
- Vada Pav with Laal Chutney
2. The one with the “curled up in the fluffy blanket and sitting at the corner of the bed”
- Dark Hot Chocolate mug
- Crispy Spring Rolls
3. The one where “you’re super hungry and stuck in the rain with your friends at college”
- Box of dry fruits
- Cherries and Strawberries
- Typical college canteen Chinese
4. The one with “the movie marathons”
- McDonald’s burgers
- Aloo Paratha
- Fried Kachoris
5. The one where “you’ve fought with bae”
Call him/her up and say you’re bringing them fries and ice cream. There’s no other way to get out of this.
6. The one with the “travelling in the rain for a meeting at your buddy’s place for a group project”
- Dominoes Pizza (Cheese Burst is a necessity)
- Trash cold coffee (coz friends always mess it up)
7. The one after “shopping for hours in the rain”
- Sev Puri and Pani Puri and Dahi Puri and all kinds of chaat
- Pav Bhaji with extra butter
8. The one where “you’re with family”
- Whatever Nani cooked
- Whatever Dadi cooked
- Whatever Mom cooked
- Whatever Dad ordered
Hope you encounter many more emotions and situations this rainy season! May the food be with you!
Check out all the important food dates in July here!