This muffins recipe isn’t just healthy, it’s also the taste-equivalent of all the festive colors. So embrace the season, and whip out your apron to prepare the perfect breakfast or snack for a sweet tooth!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a medium bowl combine flours, oats, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In a small bowl, combine egg, oil, buttermilk, butter, dark chocolate and dried cranberries; add to dry ingredients.
- Mix until dry ingredients are just moistened.
- Spray muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray. Fill cups two-thirds full.
- Bake for 17 to 20 minutes, or until muffins spring back when lightly touched.
If you tried this muffins recipe (and liked it), send us pictures, and we will share them!
For more such articles, check out The World.