Staying true to the theme and close to the ground, Ladle and Love brings us the healthiest preparation of a truly groundbreaking veggie.
This recipe is for all you lotus stem and vegan/organic food-lovers. An easy method, which is packed with flavour will become the go-to for you on a long day!
- 2 lotus stems
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Thinly slice your lotus stems
- Boil ½ a litre of water and add the sliced lotus stems to it for about a minute
- Add 1/2 tbsp oil to the pan and add the sliced lotus stems and let it cook for 3-4 minutes on a medium flame, flip and cook the other side
- Keep the lotus stems aside
- In the same pan, add remaining oil, sesame seeds, ginger and garlic and sauté for about two minutes
- Add your lotus stems and toss
- Add soy sauce and toss for a minute
Top with sesame seeds and you are all done! See how easy it was?
Try this recipe and let us know what you think!
For more articles like this one, click here.